FlexBurn stoves burn with or without a catalyst and achieve 15% higher efficiency on low burns with the catalyst in place.
- Primary burn started and fueled by fresh air
- Bypass damper is open
- Damper is closed once stove and flue are sufficiently hot, forcing smoke into the secondary combustion chamber
- Additional air feeds combustion of gases for secondary burn
- With catalyst in place, increased efficiency and lower emissions result from a tertiary burning of gases and CO
- The catalyst also enables combustion at much lower temperatures, extending burn times and saving on fuel costs
Save Money and Use Less Wood with a Catalyst
Increase your heating efficiency and lower your stove emissions, ensuring you get the most out of each load of wood.